11/05/2007

strange memories in unusual places

it's been eating me alive that we were watching "women's murder club" last week and for the whole of its 40 minutes or so I had to look at this white haired person who looked so familiar and I couln't find it in my head, where I knew this actor from. It was quite clear to me that I wouldn't know his name but I definitely knew that face.

This is nothing unusual. These things happen frequently and usually it takes me 10 minutes to wait for a signature word or gesture that triggers the memory and I know where that face was on last time I saw it. It's usually a moment of relief and happiness.

This time I had to use imdb to find my mystery person...well, he wasn't on the imdb cast list somehow. So I tried to soothe my mind by not thinking about it...doesn't work.
So even though I'm surrounded by piles of paperwork I went and did some search online and wham! found a name to the character and what happened then was only partly a moment of relief and certainly no moment of happiness much rather embarrassement.

The elderly white haired person on the TV show was Orson Bean. He played Loren Bray on...wait for it...Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman....

No comments: