12/20/2008

ultimate geekdom and buying presents

don't you love days that start slow?
It's not that I have nothing to do or anything (quite the opposite, actually), but my sister is sleeping over on the couch in the living room and that means I can't get up without waking her.
Now, that sounds worse than it actually is, because I'm well prepared.

Gf and I had our laptops ready for use at the side of our bed and are now in bed feasting on online procrastination. Other people have breakfast in bed, we postpone eating for computer time in bed (also, I'm not hungry yet).

Also, I wanted to clear up yesterday's crypic: It was a regular christmas thoughtfulness, about how people are showing their worst side instead of their most peaceful and lovable ones - all in the name of the most important holiday in the western hemisphere...
wouldn't you think that a financial crisis would lead to less people in the shops and a return to the more traditional values of this holiday season?
No, I was tackled by a hockey mom buying christmas presents on Thursday, because I was too close to her sons new favorite video game (of which were a thousand more on the display). I didn't even want that game, I was just passing by the section because I needed to in order to get to the concert ticket selling place...
damn, you anonymous hockey mom, I'll remember you for next year, you betcha!

2 comments:

Shazza said...

Damn, they have those hockey Mom's in Vienna too?

finn said...

and we don't even have big hockey tradition!