11/11/2008

Recap: The Job

As many of you know, I had a job interview on Monday, where I was supposed to meet one of the two bosses and talk to the other one (via skype webcam - isn't technology great?).
As luck would have it, only the one boss (I'll call him the German) was there and turned out to be much more nervous than me. The other boss (The Brit) couldn't skype in because he was on a plane somewhere.
We got along well and I had a good feeling about it all, but was asked to come back another time when the Brit would have time to talk to me, so he could find out who I was too.
I was promised a call yesterday evening or today. Well, today at noon my cell phone sounds and caller ID tells me it's the German. So, I'm thinking he's got another appointment for me to meet the Brit. But...
...he starts off by telling me, that he's sorry but the Brit won't be able to meet up with me any time soon (that's where my happy-meter plummeted), but that he agreed to just trust the German and hire me (cue happy-meter).
He had really bad reception (or it was because he's still using an English cell phone provider) so I wasn't really sure what he had just said, so I made him say it again - and I hadn't heard wrong.

Officially, I'm starting in December, but I'll probably start a few days earlier because they really need me. We'll still figure that one out in the next few days, though.
I'm really excited because it's the job I wanted and I actually got it - YAY me!

I'm so happy and excited and all the rest I'm supposed to be that I don't even mind cooking today!!

1 comment:

Nelfy said...

congratulation! I'm happy for you, happy that you got the job you wanted!