11/12/2008

happy day

so I got my job yesterday and that makes me happy anyway, but gf has had a really good morning too (not sure if I'm allowed to say just yet, so I'll shut up). Happy faces all around.

but what keeps bugging me is that I can't get out of bed in the morning and I'm a morning person!
I'm used to waking up a few minutes before the alarm, being awake and getting up without a second thought - refreshed and healthy. Sometimes I'll wake up before the alarm and not get up, depending on how many minutes of sleep are still in there and how awake I am.

Lately, I wake up to the sound of the alarm and am disoriented. What's up? What's that sound? Huh? I fall back into my pillow and force myself to stay awake somehow. Before I get out of bed I have to yawn a thousand times and strech and yawn again. I more or less fall out of bed and drag myself to the kitchen...I wonder what happened?
I'm used to having these cases of spring tiredness but this isn't exactly spring. I can tell by the leaves falling and the sky being all grey.
That in itself might be a clue, but I've never been more tired in November than in any other month....

Does anyone want to share their housespun remedy?

3 comments:

Shazza said...

Congrats on the new job!

Wow...you two are on a roll.

As far as the tired thing in the morning - a cold shower ought to do it. Not that I've ever tried it personally, but it sounds good in theory! ;)

Hopefully it's just a temp thing and you'll get back to your ol' self soon.

Shazza said...

I also heard sex first thing in the morning gets you energized.

That's uh....just what I heard anyway!

mccutcheon said...

what? in the morning? not with me.


signed, the-morningly-uncoordinated-one ;)