11/25/2008

The Viennese

I live in Vienna. I don't really like Vienna.
I'm officially Viennese as of yesterday.

I was born in Vienna because my parents are from here. But I grew up outside the city in Lower Austria. I went to school in Vienna, that's how near we lived.
Also it made sense to move back here when gf and I moved in together.
Yesterday, we went to get registered at the place we've been living in for quite some time. Getting registered just means that the state now knows that I live in Vienna and not in my parents home anymore.
So it hit me: I'm Viennese now. Now have something in common with THEM, who are grumpy in the morning, can't drive when it rains, snows or in general, who whine and bitch and moan all the time, who think they're so cool for living in a grey and dusty place.
Then again, nothing changes just because of a piece of paper, does it?

No comments: